1. When can you overtake on the left?
2. At a junction where all roads are of equal importance, to whom would you give way?
3. At a stop sign which has no white line, where would you stop?
4. What position would you take up when turning right from a one-way street?
5. How would you turn right on a major road?
6. How would you know a zebra crossing at night?
7. What does the island in the centre of a pedestrian crossing mean?
8. What restrictions are there in relation to the use of the horn?
9. When driving at night, when should you use dipped headlights?
10. What should you do if dazzled by the lights of an on-coming car?
11. What is a clearway?
12. What does a broken yellow line mean?
13 What does a single continuous yellow line mean?
14. At a maximum, how far should you be from the kerb when parked?
15. How close to a junction can you park?
16. Where should you NOT park?
17. Where should you NOT overtake?
18. What is a safe distance to drive from the car in front of you?
19. If you saw a red triangle on the road side, what would it indicate?
20. What is the sequence of traffic lights?
21. At a junction, where traffic lights are not working, to whom would you give right of way?
22. What does a GREEN traffic light mean?
23. What does an AMBER traffic light mean?
24. Name three people in authority for whom you must stop?
25. If you were entering a one-way street at the no entry end, what road markings would you see?
26. When can you cross a continuous white line?
27. What is the national speed limit?
28. What does a continuous white line mean?
29. What does a broken white line mean?
30. What rules apply to a box junction?
31. At traffic lights, what does a flashing amber light mean?
32. What do ZIG-ZAG lines mean?
1. (a) When the driver in front of you is turning right. (b)When you intend to turn left. (c) When the vehicles in the lane on your right are moving more slowly.
2. Traffic on the right and traffic already turning.
3. At the Stop sign
4. The extreme right hand lane.
5. Mirror and signal and then move into the right hand lane when clear, keeping left of the centre line of the road. When a safe gap occurs complete your turn. NEVER CUT THE CORNER and always give way to pedestrians crossing.
6. By the yellow flashing beacons.
7. Each side of the island is a separate crossing.
8. It must not be used between the hours of 11.30pm and 7.00am, in a built up area, except in an emergency.
9. (a) When meeting on-coming traffic: (b) When following close behind another vehicle: (c) Dawn and Dusk: (d) During adverse (bad) weather conditions: (e) In a well lit, built-up area: (f) To avoid causing inconvenience to other road users.
10. Slow down and stop if necessary.
11. Stopping or parking is prohibited (except by buses or taxis) during the period indicated on the sign.
12. A broken yellow line indicates the edge of the road or the presence of a hard shoulder.
13. A single continuous yellow line means no parking during business hours.
14. 18 inches. (45 cms.)
15. 15 feet.
16. (a) Near a bend: (b) The brow of a hill: (c) A hump back bridge: (d) At a continuous white line: (e) Where your vehicle would obstruct a sign: (f) At an entrance: (g) At a bus stop: (h) Opposite another vehicle on a narrow road: (i) At a taxi rank.
17. (a) At a bend: (b) The brow of a hill: (c) A hump back bridge: (d) At a continuous white line:(e) Where your view of on-coming traffic is restricted.
18. Allow 1 yard (meter) for each M.P.H., double if surface is wet, or apply the 2 second rule.
19. That there is an obstruction on the road ahead.
21. Traffic on the right.
22. GO, if it is safe to do so.
23. STOP, if it is safe to do so.
24. A Garda, a Traffic Warden, or a person in charge of animals.
25. A continuous white line with a broken white line behind it.
26. In an emergency or for access.
27. 100 K.P.H. except on Motorways where it is 120 K.P.H.
28. You must not cross it.
29. You may cross it, if it is safe to do so.
30. You must not_enter the box unless your exit ahead is clear. The only exception is; When turning, right you may_enter the box and wait, provided that, all you�re waiting for, is on-coming traffic to come on through.
31. Proceed with caution.
32. You must not stop, park or overtake, (other than in the normal flow of traffic) within the area marked by the lines.